The Status Phase proceeds as follows:
- Qualify for Public and Secret Objective Cards Game can be won in this step.
- Repair Damaged Ships
- Remove Command Counters from board
- Refresh Planets
- Receive Action Cards
- Receive Command Counters and Re-Distribute Command Counters on Race Sheet
- Return Strategy Cards
- Advance the Status Phase token by 1 card to point ot the next Public Objective Card. When the token reaches the Metcatol Rex Public Objective card the game is over.
- The Speaker Token is given to the other player.
Each player may qualify for one of their Secret Objectives and one of the Public Objectives. Checking is done in turn order. The player having the Speaker Token checks first.
Steve reviews his Secret Objectives.
He controls only 4 planets having a technology specialty and cannot score the first Secret Objective. Nor was Steve successful in taking Mecatol Rex back. He controls only 5 planets outside his Home System so does not qualify for the 3rd Secret Objective but does qualify for the the 4th Secret Objective.
Steve shows Nicholas he has achieved a Secret Objective, places the card face-up in the common player area and gains 1 Victory Point.
Here are the Public Objective cards that are in the Common Player Area.
Steve checks if he has accomplished any new Public Objective. He did not.
Proceed to checking Nicholas' Objectives scoring.