The Status Phase proceeds as follows:
- Qualify for Public and Secret Objective Cards Game can be won in this step.
- Repair Damaged Ships
- Remove Command Counters from board
- Refresh Planets
- Receive Action Cards
- Receive Command Counters and Re-Distribute Command Counters on Race Sheet
- Return Strategy Cards
- Advance the Status Phase token by 1 card to point ot the next Public Objective Card. When the token reaches the Metcatol Rex Public Objective card the game is over.
- The Speaker Token is given to the other player.
Each player may qualify for one of their Secret Objectives and one of the Public Objectives. Checking is done in turn order. The player having the Speaker Token checks first.
Steve reviews his Secret Objectives to see if he has accomplished any.
He's holding onto Mecatol Rex and has a Space Dock there but no ships. Steve still has not met any of the Secret Objectives.
Here are the Public Objective cards that are in the Common Player Area.
Steve checks if he qualifies for any of these Public Objectives. He does. Steve qualifies for the Public Objective that reads "I have controlled Mecatol Rex the entire Strategy Phase and Action Phase of this round." That's true. He started round 3 with control of Mecatol Rex and managed to hang onto it even though there were many actions taking place there where Nicholas attempted to take it away from him.
Steve puts his flag on this objective and adds a Victory Point.
Proceed to a check of Nicholas' objectives scoring.