For the purposes of this development example you would not have the remote files I will be examining and operating upon. However, you can navigate using the FileList to find files on your remote system that are small text files and similar to the source files I am using.
After navigating to where I could find my remote files (I'm using Squeal change sets), I selected one for review and evental copy onto my local Linux Squeak box. When I selected one of the files I wanted to copy, FileList showed me it's contents.
So it looks like the process will be:
· Select the source file on the FileList browsing the remote system.You would be right in wondering if there should be a smarter way. But let's start this way.
· Select the location for the target file on the FileList browsing the local system.
· Create an empty new file with the same name in the destination location.
· Select all contents from the remote file and copy to the Clipboard.
· Paste the contents of the Clipboard to the new file.
· Save the new changed file.
Continue to the next page of first FileList enhancement.
Back to the beginning of this example.local authority area